Thursday, August 09, 2007

Bad Yankee...

So, today I found out that I am a bad Yankee...at least for now. Let me explain: This sweet little ol' lady comes by our office at least twice a day and stops to say hi. Today she had her young (appx. 10 years old) grand or maybe even great-granddaughter with her and she announced, dripping with Southern drawl, that the poor thing was a Yankee. Of course, being the only other Yankee around, I spoke up that there was nothing wrong with being a Yankee. Then the sweet little ol' lady said it depended on whether I was a good Yankee or a bad Yankee. Then she recited this:
There are Good Yankees
and there are Bad Yankees
The Good Yankees go back home
But the Bad Yankees just stay

So, at this point in time I must resign myself to the fact that I am a Bad Yankee. Maybe someday I'll be able to redeem myself...

1 comment:

Travis said...

My friends and I once saw a flag with a bulldog and a confederate flag, with the words "rebel blood in my veins, yankee blood on my lawn." No joke.