Friday, February 23, 2007

New Beginnings...

Well, I'm here in Nashville. I've been here for almost a week. I haven't really met anyone, other than salesmen at the various stores I've shopped. But so far, things are going well. New things I've done (or mostly bought):
- Custom ordered a couch, charcoal gray microfiber with a merlot finish for the wooden legs.
- Purchased a new mattress/box spring, but haven't decided upon a head board/foot board yet.
- Bought a brand new washer and dryer, delivered yesterday
- Spent a lot of money on a Macbook computer
- Drove to the outer regions of Nashville to get a driver's license, then to another part to get the emissions checked on my car, then to another spot to get my new license plates
- Dealing with new apartment management, who is offended over any small problem I find with the apartment. There's not been much wrong, only typical things that you see in any apartment, but management's been touchy about anything I find, like they can't believe that I'd find anything wrong at all!
I'm only about half un-packed, as my apartment is smaller than I expected and I'm struggling to find space for everything.

I start my job on Monday. I'm glad I'll have something to do other than unpacking and shopping. I've stayed busy enough that I haven't had to deal with lonliness yet, at least until last night. Last night was my first Thursday night away from my Survivor family. Though I couldn't miss the shows, they were still hard to watch and even harder to laugh at without everyone around. I started to say something once and actually stopped myself so I wouldn't break the rules of no talking, even though no one was there to shush me.

I still feel this is where God wants me, but I think there are some bumps in the road headed my way...

No comments: