Monday, February 26, 2007

Nashville Update

I started my job today. I’m not sure exactly what to think yet. There are so many aspects that I don’t really know or understand that I’m feeling pretty dumb right now. Of course this is expected when starting anything new, especially a new job. But there’s not even a way for me to really jump in and start learning. I’m going through old files to see what’s been done in the past, but there’s only so much information you can glean from that. And how long should I expect to be doing this? I’m not someone to sit idly by when there’s work to be done. I’m not trying to sound negative already- I’m just bored. I know that will change soon; that I just need to be patient, but…

The people I work with all seem nice. I’m a bit concerned though about my position, because I’m a bone of contention (me being hired, not me personally) between my boss and two other people in the office. I guess that means only showing my sweet side for now…(yes I really do have one!)

On another note: I love IKEA, but I’m not sure how much I like Atlanta, GA (sorry Catherine, but I did say hi to the city for you). I drove to Atlanta on Saturday with the sole purpose of going to Ikea. First of all, the internet directions I got from their website were wrong. I didn’t get too far lost and eventually did find the store without even stopping to ask for directions. I was pretty pleased with myself. But then, just trying to drive through Atlanta, around the downtown area, was absolutely insane! I’ve driven through major cities before and dealt with bad traffic, but this was ridiculous. I will say this though, Ikea is right next to this cute little shopping area that might be worth visiting someitme, if I have someone to shop with. I did buy a lovely coffee table and a dresser while there. I also scouted some other pieces, but they are too much for me to handle on my own. The pieces I got were almost too much as it was. Part of it is still in my car, I couldn’t get all of it up to my apartment at once.- at the risk of sounding like a wimp.

One other quick note before I have to go: I MISS Y’ALL VERY MUCH!!! Hugs to everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you're having lots of new adventures!
love you!

Travis said...

Nashville to Atlanta seems like a long way to buy silly looking furniture, but if you like it I suppose it's alright. Hope you're well... and I don't have your email address for some reason, otherwise I would've dropped a note earlier. Adios, Travis.