Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I found IT on...

Uh-Oh! I just might be hooked. I have opened myself an eBay account and have even made my first purchase. Well...I should say purchases, as I actually have acquired 3 prints from an art dealer. I must say, it was all a bit overwhelming and I was a bit trepidatious as I hovered over the "commit" button. But, now that the process is over, I'm very excited about my new pieces. Of course, they are only inexpensive prints. The responsibility of owning a real masterpiece is beyond my abilities.


This is a Robert Doisneau, Calvary on Champs de Mars. I have one other Doisneau, so this should add nicely to my hopefully blossoming collection.



I have quite a few Monet prints that currently grace my bedroom walls. This is one (Houses of Parliament) that has been a little elusive in the acquiring of a decent print, but I think this one looks quite good. Can anyone name the Pierce Brosnan movie that brought this painting superfluous popularity?



This is a Marc Chagall. I found his works while surfing the web and there are some that mesmerize me- including this The Blue Circus. I hope to add several more, but will wait until I can find quality prints at decent prices.

Now, I just need to purchase frames and find wall space for these...

No comments: