Thursday, November 20, 2008

A New Kind of Door...?

More and more changes. More and more uncertainty. I've felt lost, disoriented, directionless. That's what my life has been about. Still jobless. Now becoming homeless. (Some things are happening within the family I've been staying with and consequently I can no longer stay. They need to be able to rally around each other with no distractions, including a jobless housemate.)

So, what does this mean? Good question! I don't know. My stuff-in-use will join the rest of my stuff in storage. I'll live out of my suitcases for now. I'm still going home for Thanksgiving. After that... only God knows.

More job applications have been turned in, but I have heard nothing. I have made inquiries for housing to no avail.

I would love to live out of my car for awhile- I think that would truly be exciting, even exhilarating. But, it's too cold this time of year.

So, I started trying to think outside the box. If these traditional doors for a job aren't opening, is there another door? Maybe a new type of door? Perhaps something I've overlooked? And something came to mind. A brief conversation I had had with my dad just a few days before. He presented an idea which I casually dismissed. Only because I had thought about it before and didn't deem it relevant or possible. Now, this idea seems much more probable. It is generating excitement for my future which I haven't had in almost six months.

I'm purposefully not naming the idea at this time. I'm talking to some key people and doing a lot of research. And of course, this is spawning lots and lots of prayer. So, if you have been- thank you- and please keep it up. There's still a very rocky road to navigate... but now, perhaps, with some direction.

No comments: