Thursday, October 23, 2008

It's been awhile...

Yes, it's been awhile. About five months actually. And what a five months it has been...

If you didn't know, near the end of May, I lost my job. I am still jobless. I've had some great interviews. I'm seeking the Lord daily for direction. But the doors have not opened yet. Those around me and praying for me believe God is waiting because something big is coming. And not just for me. Something big for our community, our church, our friends. Something I will be involved with. We have yet to see what that something is, but we are waiting expectantly.

This time (being unemployed) has been rewarding in other ways. God has given me many opportunities to serve friends in the church and the church itself. I have done a lot of childcare and baby-sitting. I've helped organize projects at church and run errands. And have even taken on the position of Hospitality Coordinator for Sunday mornings at church. I have stayed very busy. And the downtime I do have, have been filled with playing Wii with Jonny.

Jonny is our associate pastor's son. I am now living with their family. About three months after I lost my job, my lease came up on my apartment. Without any income, I could no longer afford it. Tom & Jeanne opened their home to me. Most of my stuff went into storage and I now inhabit a finished attic space in their house that is almost like a studio apartment.

The last five months have been wrought with changes and daily struggles. But through it all, God has never left my side. Daily He reminds me and reassures me that He is in control; that He has a magnificent plan for my life.

Jeremiah 29:11- For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.

Isaiah 41:9b-10- You are My servant, I have chosen you and not rejected you. Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am you God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.

Psalm 142:7- Bring my soul out of prison, So that I may give thanks to Thy name; The righteous will surround me, For Thou wilt deal bountifully with me.

Job 42:2- I know that Thou canst do all things, And that no purpose of Thine can be thwarted.

1 Peter 1:6-7- In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

No comments: