Monday, February 25, 2008

Hunt of a Journey...

I recently passed the one-year anniversary of my move to Nashville and the one-year mark at my job. One year. Wow. It has gone quickly. What do I have to show for it? I guess that I survived. Survived a year of introductions, directions, unfamiliarity, loneliness, newness, etc. What have I gained? New friends, new "family", a community, more independence...

For anyone who may read this blog faithfully or talk to me on a regular basis, you will know that I have struggled with my job since I started. I have many times spoken of the daily harassment I endure from my unscrupulous boss. I have searched for jobs, somewhat half-heartedly, and even interviewed. But I just couldn't take the plunge. Call it a lack of courage or over-abundance of fear or plain old apathy; whatever the excuse, I wasn't going anywhere. Part of me thought that this was really where I was supposed to be. Perhaps this was a test I was to undergo to prove .... what?

But a new fervor has awoken inside me. I again have desire and passion to succeed. To thrive instead of just survive. I am job hunting again. In fact, I have already sent out my resume. It is time (well past time actually) that I stand up for me. That I continue my journey down the path that is laid before me and stop inhibiting the progress.

Pray for me, please.

La vraie pauvreté est celle de l'âme, une pauvreté dans laquelle le mental est toujours dans un tourbillon créé par les doutes, les soucis et les craintes.
Real poverty is that of the soul, a poverty in which the mental is forever a whirlwind, created by doubts, worries, and fears. --Swâmi Râmdâs (Quoted on French-Word-A-Day)

No comments: