Friday, April 18, 2008

I'm All Shook Up...

Just after 4:30 this morning, I was rudely awoken by a pounding and a shaking. In my groggy haze, it seemed as though someone was in the attic above my apartment jumping up and down, causing my entire apartment to shake. I was quite irritated and on the verge of yelling out to this phantom that people were trying to sleep. But before I could muster the alertness to put together a comprehensible sentence, it stopped. So, I rolled over and went back to sleep, mumbling about the rudeness of some people.

Fast forward about 2 hours. I'm in the bathroom getting ready for work, earlier events almost forgotten and passed off as a probable dream. I have my tv on to the morning news as I always do, when they start talking about all the emails and phone calls they had been receiving about the earthquake. I walked out to my living room, confused as to what they were actually talking about. Then they laid out all the details of this 5.4 earthquake that hit Southern Illinois just after 4:30 this morning. Suddenly, the light bulb above my head bursts into brightness and the dots connect. There wasn't a rude person that somehow made it into the attic above my apartment and was jumping up and down... it was an earthquake.

I can now say that I have been in an earthquake. Something I would have been totally fine with never being able to say...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.